Friday 20 August 2010

224/365: René Descartes

Salam, once again I like Philosophy

19/8/2010: his theory to prove the existence of God....quite similar like in Islamic Philosophy

I used to have some existence problem when I was little like what if I am not exist and what I see is merely an image from my mind, that all the people I know was created by my mind. If I was to born as something else without mind like a piece of table will people still be the same but without the memory of my existence. So who am I and who are them?

It was kind of weird even for me to have such taught, but I know no one could answer such question I just carry on with my life or projection of 'brain in vat'.

I took philosophy during my first semester and it only answer my religious part but not the other one. I didn't score well either so I decided not to take philosophy for next semester. I took again as there's no other option left and learning Descartes' philosophy was way more interesting than his early philosopher.

"cogito ergo sum" ("I think, therefore I am")-which mean I think therefore I exist and that I'm a thinking thing.

No comments:

Post a Comment