Monday 22 March 2010

073/365: Blogger down

Salam, damn!



I woke early to get ready for the hiking and abseiling, we have our breakfast at the canteen and off to Tamu Kianggeh around 7am.

Once we arrived, we were waiting for the scout people to arrive and using Taxi boats to sail us off to Kampong Menuggol (near to Kampong Ayer) we were walking for 30 mins to arrive at the feet of Bukit Batu Bujang Pahang.

The hiking was hard for me as the path was ridiculously steep! I thanks to Rym for helping me to climb, Sam for carrying my bag and Limin.....for being an evil pirate captain during the hiking.

I was at the verge of my collapse when I reached the quarter to summit but the Rym keep motivate me to continue and I finally reached the summit. I smiled and wish to be burned by sunlight.

Then we reached to the abseiling area and it scout turn to talk about leadership and why we were given such weird name. There were four team and each based on the abseiling equipment: Dynamic (the rope), Harness(the belt that strip the victim), Figure of 8 (the one that hold the rope and your body) and Carabiner (the device in the figure of 8).

Our team was the second last to go so I was waiting for my turn as the last two who will do the abseiling, the people before me keep saying that the advance is way more better than the beginner.

It was already 4pm and most people choose the advance and I was keen to try but I scared I failed the first step.

When it come to my turn I SLIP! Damn! I was stuck and I thought I was going to die! Thing that come to my mind were: "holy crap, I'm dying! I haven't done my assignment!" "Fuck, I will die with my back burst out my bones out!" " Let me go Stephen (Scout people) I think I'm ready to die here"

Thank God I discovered that my legs are pretty flexible (I kissed my leg during the slippery and eat sand along the way) and I untie my self and they had to rope me down instead of me roping me down.

I want to try again without doing the L and V position because I find it hard to actually lean with the rope trying me hard, one day I will!

After finishing everything we climb down and Alimin help me to avoid me from falling, I'm sucked at hiking the steep mountain.

Full pictures in my Facebook

I sleep too early this Sunday.

No comments:

Post a Comment